Build sleek, strong arms with these no-equipment, fat-burning exercises.
Arm fat – especially along the back of your arms – is a common body complaint among women. Wondering how to get rid of arm fat?
Know this: Spot-reducing is not the way to tackle it. Lowering fat stores in one specific area of the body is essentially impossible to accomplish and should not be a part of your fitness regimen. Looking for ways to shrink the arm fat (cara mengecilkan lengan) requires more than just spot treatment. (Why? Here’s everything you need to know about how to burn fat and build muscle, according to science.)
In order to shrink the back of your arms (cara mengecilkan lengan), which is where your triceps muscles are, remember this: Specific exercises to increase your lean muscle mass will get you results, but you must also decrease your body fat to really see those results.
So to lose fat in that area (and elsewhere), follow the rules of lasting weight loss: Be sure to eat a healthy balanced diet with proper nutrients; get at least six to eight hours of sleep so that your body can repair, recover, and build muscle; and consistently maintain your exercise program. I also recommend drinking half your body weight in ounces of water daily. (That means if you weigh 100 pounds, you need to drink 50 ounces of water.) Water will help you feel fuller and more alert.
The great news is these six arm exercises don’t only torch your triceps and other muscles in your arms, but they’ll fire up your core, too. Translation: You’ll put more of your body into work mode and burn more calories as a result. Blast through these moves, or add them to your workout routine to help build strong triceps under the arm fat you’re trying to lose.
How it works: Do each exercise back to back with no rest, performing as many repetitions as possible (AMRAP) in 30 seconds. Too easy? Try doing each move for 1 minute.
- Three-Point Push-Up
- Start in a modified push-up position with one knee on the floor and the other leg lifted, forming a straight line from head to toe.
- Bend elbows to 45 degrees to lower torso toward the ground.
- Press away from floor to return to starting position.
- Do AMRAP for 30 seconds. Switch sides, repeat.
- Kneeling Triceps Press
- Start in a tabletop position on knees and elbows, forearms pointing straight ahead with palms on the floor and toes tucked.
- Press into palms to straighten arms while lifting hips and straightening legs until both arms and legs are fully extended.
- Do AMRAP for 30 seconds.
- Plank Arm Circles
- Start in a high plank position.
- Extend right arm forward, biceps by ear. Make small circles with the right arm for 15 seconds, switching directions halfway through.
- Switch sides; repeat.
- Plank Lateral Raises
- Start in a high plank position.
- Lift a straight right arm out to the side up to shoulder height, parallel to the floor, as if high-fiving the right wall.
- Return right hand to starting position, then repeat on the left side. Try to keep hips from shifting side to side.
- Continue alternating for 30 seconds.
- Single-Arm Plank Up/Downs
- Start in high plank position.
- Lower onto the right elbow, forearm parallel to the front of the mat.
- Press through forearm to return to starting position.
- Repeat for 15 seconds. Switch sides; repeat.
- Ceiling High-Five
- Start in a reverse tabletop position with palms and feet flat on the floor, hips lifted parallel to the floor, and fingers pointing backward.
- Maintaining this position, lift the right-hand straight overhead as if high-fiving the ceiling. Return to starting position, then repeat on the left side.
- Continue alternating for 30